After being official in India two weeks ago, Xiaomi is making the Redmi Note 9 Pro official in Malaysia as the Redmi Note 9S. Save for the different name, you get the same specs with the India-only Redmi Note 9 Pro. These include a Snapdragon 720G processor, a large 6.67-inch Full HD+ dot drop display, a generous 5020mAh battery with 18w charging, and a quad rear camera setup led by a 48-megapixel ISOCELL GM2 main camera.
Other features include a side-mounted fingerprint scanner, UFS 2.1 storage, and Android 10-based MIUI 11 out of the box.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 9S specs
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 720G octa-core processor
- Adreno 618 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4X RAM
- 6.67-inch Full HD+ IPS display, Gorilla Glass 5 Protection, 20:9 aspect ratio
- 64GB/128GB UFS 2.1 expandable internal storage
- Quad rear cameras: 48-megapixel f/1.8 ISOCELL GM2 main camera; 8-megapixel ultra-wide-angle camera; 2-megapixel depth-sensor; 5-megapixel macro camera; with LED, PDAF
- 16-megapixel front camera
- Dual SIM
- 3G, LTE
- 2×2 MiMo WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS
- Side-mounted fingerprint scanner, face unlock, USB-C
- 5020mAh battery with 18w wired charging
- Android 10 with MIUI 11
The Redmi Note 9S is priced at RM 799(~Php 9.3k) for the 6GB/64GB model and RM 899(~Php 10.4k) for the 6GB/128GB model. The Redmi Note 9S is expected to launch in the Philippines soon.