Unwrapped earlier at IFA 2016 Berlin, the Samsung Gear S3 smartwatch will be available in the United States starting on November 18. Pre-orders have started this weekend, with orders shipping after a week and a half.
Powered by Samsung’s homegrown Tizen OS and a dual-core Exynos chipset, the Gear S3 comes in two flavors: the modern “Frontier” variant and traditional “Classic” variant.
Samsung Gear S3 Smartwatch
- 1.0GHz Exynos 7270 dual-core processor
- 768MB RAM
- 1.3-inch Super AMOLED display, 360 x 360 resolution, Corning Gorilla Glass SR+
- 4GB internal storage
- 4G, LTE (for AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile)
- WiFi, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, NFC, Samsung Pay
- Microphone, speaker
- IP68 water and dust resistance
- Tizen OS 2.3
- 380mAh battery, wireless charging
The Gear S3 has compatibility with any Android 5.0 device or later with at least 1.5GB RAM. iOS compatibility will be coming later on.
The Samsung Gear S3 starts at $349 (~Php 17K). Compared to ASUS’s ZenWatch 3 at a cheaper $229 (~Php 11K), the Gear S3 faces stiff competition ahead.