A few days ago we unboxed the V5 Lite, Vivo’s direct challenge to fellow Chinese manufacturer OPPO’s selfie smartphone lineup. Well, that apparently did not sit well with OPPO, who has cut the price of their A39 smartphone to the same level to compete.
OPPO A39 Specifications
- 1.5GHz MediaTek MT6750 octa-core processor
- 3GB of RAM
- Mali-T860 MP2 GPU
- 5.2-inch HD IPS TFT display; 1280×720 resolution, 2.5D Arc Glass, Corning Gorilla Glass 4
- 32GB of storage; expandable up to 256GB via MicroSD card
- 13-megapixel rear camera, LED flash, f/2.0 aperture
- 5-megapixel front camera, f/2.4
- 3G, LTE
- Dual SIM
- WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS
- Android 5.1 Lollipop, Color OS 3.0
- 2900mAh battery
The OPPO A39 is now priced at just Php 9,990 from Php 10,990. The OPPO A39 has similar specs to Vivo’s V5 Lite, which makes the price cut interesting. Both phones are very similar in specs, with the A39 losing out slightly in both screen size (5.2-inch vs. 5.5-inch) and battery size (2900mAh vs 3000mAh) against the V5 Lite.
In any case, the selfie wars benefits the end user as both companies duke it out in the marketplace. You can read our full review of the OPPO A39 here.