Made possible by a low-power display
Sharp introduced a new mid-range Android One smartphone in Japan with the S7. While it sports a dated 18:9 display, aluminum unibody build, and a single 12-megapixel rear camera, the S7’s headline feature is a low-power IGZO display. Sharp claims that is new LCD tech can make the phone’s 4000mAh battery last for one week—and that’s despite using a rather old Snapdragon 630 processor.
Other features of the S7 include Android 10 out of the box, 8-megapixel front camera, 3GB RAM, and 128GB internal storage.
Sharp S7 specs
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 630 processor
- 3GB RAM
- 5.5-inch Full HD+ Sharp IGZO low-power display
- 128GB internal storage
- 12-megapixel f/2.0 main camera with PDAF, EIS, LED Flash
- 8-megapixel f/2.0 front camera
- Dual SIM
- 4G LTE
- WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, NFC,
- USB Type C, IPX5/8 waterproof rating, IPX6 dustproof rating
- Android 10
- 4000mAh battery
There’s no official pricing for the S7 yet, though it is expected to be available in Japan by mid-December.