Here’s something interesting from the folks over at Ulefone. The company’s upcoming Armor smartphone features a rugged chassis with IP68 water and dust proofing, as well as shockproof capabilities.
The Armor comes with waterproof components such as the earpiece, microphone, speaker, camera and button tray. Ulefone has added a special control chip for the Armor that allows its user to easily operate the phone’s display even with wet hands. Ulefone has also added a special “SOS” button allowing the user one-push access to emergency services in countries like India.
- 1.3GHz MediaTek MT6737 octa-core processor
- ARM Mali-T720 graphics processor
- 3GB RAM
- 4.7-inch HD LTPS display, 1280 x 720 resolution, Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- 32GB internal storage, expandable up to 128GB via microSD
- 13-megapixel rear camera, LED flash
- 5-megapixel front camera
- Dual SIM
- 4G LTE
- WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, A-GPS
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- 3500mAh battery
According to Ulefone’s spiel, the Armor can be used under extreme temperatures ranging from -40 degrees to 80 degrees Celcius. The Ulefone Armor will be launching soon, with pre-orders priced at $159.99 (~Php 8K). No details yet on which regions the phone will be available in.