vivo shook the mid-range segment with the V11 with the introduction of an in-display fingerprint scanner—a premium feature—to the mid-range. The V11 is one of the brand’s most impressive offerings to date, and vivo is eager to follow it up with the V15 Pro.
vivo’s 2019 mid-range offering ditches the notch, relocating the front camera to a pop-up mechanism that was first seen in the much more expensive 2018 APEX concept phone and NEX. That pop-up front camera has a 32-megapixel sensor—the highest resolution sensor for a front camera so far.
While the front camera is a pop-up variety, vivo managed to tuck the sensors behind the notchless display they dub as Ultra FullView.
The V15 Pro also joins the current high-megapixel, rear camera bandwagon by using a main rear camera with a 48-megapixel Samsung GM1 sensor. Assisting it is an 8-megapixel f/2.2 wide-angle camera and a 5-megapixel f/2.4 depth sensor.
The V15 Pro gets a few internal upgrades as well, including a Snapdragon 675 processor, more internal storage at 128GB, and a bigger battery at 3700mAh.
vivo V15 Pro Specs
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 675 octa-core processor
- 6GB RAM
- 6.39-inch Full HD+ AMOLED Ultra FullView display, 19.5:9 aspect ratio, 2340×1080 resolution
- 128GB of expandable storage (up to 256GB)
- 48-megapixel f/1.8 Samsung GM1, 8-megapixel f2.2, and 5-megapixel f/2.4 rear cameras with PDAF, Dual Tone LED flash, AI Scene Recognition, Super Night Mode
- 32-megapixel f/2.0 pop-up front camera
- Dual SIM
- 4G, LTE, VoLTE
- WiFi, Bluetooth, NFC
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS
- In-display fingerprint sensor, IR Face Unlock, Jovi assistant
- 3700mAh battery with 18W fast charging
- Android 9 Pie, FunTouch OS 9
The V15 Pro is priced at RS 28,990(~Php 21.3k). Pre-orders start on February 20.