It’s exclusive to China
Just a few days after unveiling the iQOO 3 in India, vivo launched a new 5G device in China with the Z6. While the two vivo phones may look virtually identical when it comes to dimensions and overall design, the Z6 is a toned-down version with its Snapdragon 765G processor paired with 6GB/8GB RAM and 128GB UFS 2.1 internal storage. Both the iQOO3 and Z6 have the same display size, but the Z6 settles for an LCD panel instead, a lower-resolution front camera, and a rear-mounted fingerprint scanner.
For the quad rear cameras, the Z6 is almost similar to the iQOO 3’s camera setup save for the telephoto camera—with the Z6, you only get a mcacro camera instead. For the battery, the Z6 uses a slightly slower 44w wired charging but comes with a bigger 5000mAh cell. The Z6 does not have the iQOO 3’s gaming-centric features like shoulder buttons, but retains vapor chamber cooling to keep temperatures stable.
vivo Z6 Specs
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 765G processor
- Adreno 620 GPU
- 6GB/8GB LPDDR5 RAM
- 128GB UFS 2.1 internal storage
- 6.57-inch Full HD+ IPS Polar View display
- Quad rear cameras: 48-megapixel f/1.79 Sony IMX582 main camera with dual pixel AF; 8-megapixel f/2.2 120-degree wide-angle camera; 2-megapixel macro camera; 2-megapixel depth sensor; Super HDR, LED flash
- 8-megapixel f/2.0 front camera
- 4G, LTE, 5G
- Dual SIM
- WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, A-GPS, NFC
- Fingerprint scanner, Vapor Chamber cooling, USB-C
- 5000mAh battery with 44w FlashCharge
- Android 10 with FunTouch OS 10
The Z6 is priced at CNY 2198(~Php 16.1k) for the 6GB/128GB model and CNY 2598(~Php 19k) for the 8GB/128GB model. It will be available in China starting February 29.