The pre-order page for ZTE’s Axon 7 Max phablet has now been launched for consumer consumption. The larger brother to the earlier Axon 7, the Axon 7 Max is a midrange phablet featuring a larger display size, though, at the cost of some hardware downgrades. For comparison, the smaller Axon 7 came out with a top-tier Snapdragon 820 chipset.
ZTE Axon 7 Max
- 2.0GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 octa-core processor
- 4GB RAM
- 6-inch FHD “Naked 3D” display, 1920 x 1080 resolution
- 64GB internal storage, expandable via microSD
- 13-megapixel dual rear camera, laser AF
- Fingerprint scanner, USB Type-C, AK4962 audio codec, voice-activated functions
- 4100mAh battery
ZTE’s “Naked Display” technology supposedly allows for viewing of 3D content without the need for those clunky glasses.
The Axon 7 Max also features a real-time voice translator, voice-activated camera commands, and a voice assistant.
Getting one of these phablets will set you back $443 (~Php 22K) if you’re in China when in launches on November 2. Best to wait and see if Lazada stocks this handset for their ZTE online store.