A souped-up Y17?
vivo debuted a new budget phone in China with the U3. While it looks visually similar to the Y17, the U3 comes with a more powerful Snapdragon 675 processor paired with up to 6GB RAM and 64GB internal storage, a bigger 6.53-inch display, and a downgraded 16-megapixel front camera.
It shares the same triple rear camera setup, 5000mAh battery, and 18w wired charging (via MicroUSB unfortunately) as the Y17, which makes it a better deal.
vivo U3 Specs
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 675 octa-core processor
- 4GB/6GB RAM
- 6.53-inch Full HD+ IPS Halo FullView display, 19.5:9 aspect ratio, 2340×1080 resolution
- 64GB of expandable storage (up to 256GB)
- Triple rear cameras: 16-megapixel f/1.8 main camera; 8-megapixel f2.2 ultra-wide-angle camera; 2-megapixel f/2.4 depth-sensor; with PDAF, Dual Tone LED flash, AI Scene Recognition, Super Night Mode
- 16-megapixel f/2.0 front camera
- Dual SIM
- 4G, LTE, VoLTE
- WiFi, Bluetooth, NFC
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS
- Fingerprint scanner, Face unlock, Jovi assistant
- 5000mAh battery with 18W fast charging
- Android 9 Pie with FunTouch OS 9
The U3 is priced at CNY 999(~Php 7.3k) for the 4GB/64GB variant and CNY 1199(~Php 8.7k) for the 6GB/64GB variant. That makes the U3 one of the most affordable phones to have a Snapdragon 675 processor to date. For reference, the V17 Pro—which is also powered by a Snapdragon 675 processor—is priced at Php 21,999.
The U3 will be available in China starting October 21.