Diamond is the new circle?
Over a China, vivo debuted a new mid-range phone with the S5. Aside from a punch-hole AMOLED display, the S5’s most unique design element is its camera module: instead of a circular design, the S5 has a diamond-shaped design that is home to three cameras: 48-megapixel main camera, 8-megapixel ultra-wide-angle camera, and 5-megapixel depth sensor. The 2-megapixel macro camera is placed right below the diamond camera module.
Powering the S5 is a Snapdragon 712 processor paired with 8GB RAM paired with either 128GB or 256GB of internal storage. Keeping the lights on is a 4100mAh battery with support for 22.5w fast charging.
vivo S5 Specs
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 712 octa-core processor
- 8GB RAM
- 6.44-inch Full HD+ AMOLED Halo FullView display, 19.5:9 aspect ratio, 2340×1080 resolution
- 128GB/256GB of expandable storage (up to 256GB)
- Quadruple rear cameras: 48-megapixel f/1.8 main camera; 8-megapixel f2.2 ultra-wide-angle camera; 5-megapixel f/2.4 depth-sensor; 2-megapixel macro camera; with PDAF, Dual Tone LED flash, AI Scene Recognition, Super Night Mode
- 32-megapixel f/2.0 front camera
- Dual SIM
- 4G, LTE, VoLTE
- WiFi, Bluetooth, NFC
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS
- Fingerprint scanner, Face unlock, Jovi assistant
- 4100mAh battery with 22.5W fast charging
- Android 9 Pie with FunTouch OS 9
The S5 is priced at CNY2698(~Php 19.5k) for the 8GB/128GB variant and CNY 2998(~Php 21.7k) for the 8GB/256GB variant.