Looks like Chinese brand Vivo wants a slice of the selfie smartphone pie in the Philippines – the company has just officially announced their newest smartphone, the V5 today. And just like another Chinese brand’s offerings, the V5 leverages heavily on its selfie chops via its 20-megpixel front camera with f/2.0 aperture to sell. Yup, the front camera on this thing is bigger than the typical smartphone.
Vivo V5 Specifications
- 1.5GHz MediaTek 6750 octa-core processor
- Mali T860 GPU
- 4GB of RAM
- 5.5-Inch HD IPS Display; 1280×720 Resolution
- 32GB of expandable storage
- 13-megapixel rear camera, PDAF, LED Flash
- 20-megapixel front camera f/2.0 aperture
- Dual SIM
- 3G, LTE
- WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, A-GPS, Fingerprint Scanner
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow, FunTouch UI
- 3000mAh Battery
Of course the V5 is still a phone, so it packs most of the things that you’d expect from a mid-range device – a full metal body, a fingerprint scanner, 5.5-inch HD IPS display, as well as a 13-megapixel rear camera and a MediaTek MT6750 octa-core processor paired with 4GB of RAM and 32GB of expandable storage.
Vivo is pricing the V5 at Php 12,990.