Two months after bringing the premium mid-range X50 series to our shores, vivo puts its focus back to the V series, bringing in the V20 family to the Philippines.
The V20 SE serves as the most affordable model under the V20 series, and is the logical successor of last year’s S1. Key upgrades of the V20 SE over the S1 include:
- A better and more power-efficient Snapdragon 665 processor;
- A higher-resolution 48-megapixel f/1.8 main camera;
- A slightly bigger 6.44-inch Full HD+ AMOLED display with Widevine L1 for watching Netflix shows in Full HD; and
- A newer and faster 33w USB-C wired charging solution.
On the other hand, the stunning V20 and V20 Pro stand out for its one-of-a-kind 44-megapixel selfie camera with Eye Focus AF and support for 4K60 video recording, a 64-megapixel flagship-grade main rear camera, and being one of the first mid-range phones to have Android 11 out of the box. While they look almost identical, there are a few differences. These include:
- The V20 Pro being 5G-ready with its Snapdragon 765G processor, while the V20 settles for a Snapdragon 720G processor;
- The V20 having a headphone jack and a MicroSD Card slot, while the V20 Pro lacks both because of the added components needed for 5G connectivity; and
- The V20 Pro having an additional 8-megapixel ultra-wide-angle camera for socially-distanced selfies.
The V20 SE is priced at Php 15,999, while the V20 and V20 Pro are priced at Php 19,999 and Php 24,999 respectively. Pre-orders for the three phones will start today until October 30 via LazMall, Shopee Mall, and authorized vivo retailers. In addition, the V20 Pro will be also available exclusive via Smart through Signature Plan 1999.
If that is not enticing enough, vivo revealed that those purchasing any of the three V20 models will get the chance to win a Ford EcoSport as part of their Holiday Season promo. Make sure to stay tuned for the complete mechanics.