It has a sleek design with monster specs inside
After it was teased several times, vivo formally unveiled the iQOO gaming phone at a press conference in Shenzen, China. With the tagline “Monster Inside”, the iQOO comes with beastly specs: Snapdragon 855, up to 12GB RAM, up to 256GB internal storage, 6.41-inch AMOLED display with an in-display fingerprint scanner, triple rear cameras, and 44W Super FlashCharge fast charging. The latter is available to all variants except the 6GB/128GB variant—that one gets 22.5W fast charging instead.
Being a gaming phone, vivo equipped the iQOO with gaming-centric features like Vapor Chamber cooling, Monster Touch shoulder buttons, and Multi-Turbo performance enhancement suite. Multi-Turbo consists of AI Turbo, Center Turbo, Net Turbo, Cooling Turbo, and Game Turbo—all of them claims to boost app startup by 30%, frame rates by 70%, and automatic Wi-Fi and 4G switching.
While the design looks conventional, you have a thin LED strip right at the middle of the glass back that serves as a notification light.
vivo iQOO Phone Specs
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 processor
- Adreno 640 GPU
- 6GB/8GB/12GB RAM
- 128GB/256GB internal storage
- 6.41-inch Full HD+ AMOLED display
- Triple rear cameras: 13-megapixel 120-degree wide-angle camera; 12-megapixel f/1.8 Sony IMX363 main camera with dual pixel; 2-megapixel depth sensor PDAF, Super HDR, LED flash
- 12-megapixel front camera
- 4G, LTE
- Dual SIM
- WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, A-GPS, NFC
- In-display fingerprint scanner, Vapor Chamber cooling, Multi-Turbo, Monster Touch shoulder buttons
- USB-C, 4D Shock
- 4000mAh battery with 44w Super FlashCharge
- Android 9.0 Pie with FunTouch OS 9
The vivo iQOO is priced at CNY 2,998(~Php 23.2k) for the 6GB/128GB variant, CNY3,298(~Php 27.8k) for the 8GB/128GB variant, CNY 3,598(~Php 27.8k) for the 8GB/256GB variant, and CNY 4,298(~Php 33.2k) for the 12GB/256GB variant. It will be available starting March 6 in China.