Widget City gets a jump ahead of the official release
ASUS is set to launch their first dual-camera smartphone, the ZenFone 3 Zoom in a few weeks, but Widget City is jumping the gun and raining on ASUS’ parade by announcing their pricing of the dual-lens phone.
ASUS Zenfone 3 Zoom specifications
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 octa-core processor
- 4GB of RAM
- 5.5-inch, full HD Super AMOLED display, Gorilla Glass 5 protection, 1920 x 1080 resolution
- 64GB expandable storage
- Twin 12-megapixel rear cameras, Sony IMX362 image sensor, f/1.7 aperture, 1x, 2.3x optical zoom, laser AF, PDAF, EIS, OIS, 4K video recording
- 13-megapixel front camera, Sony IMX214, f/2.0 aperture
- Dual SIM
- 3G, LTE
- WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, A-GPS, Fingerprint scanner, USB Type-C
- 5000mAh battery
- Android 6 Marshmallow, ZenUI
According to Widget City, they’ll be pricing their ZF3 Zoom at Php 23,900. That’s quite a bit more than we were expecting the phone to be, so we’re interested to know what the official pricing of ASUS will be.
Widget City makes no mention of the freebies that ASUS is including with the package (around 4.5K worth of audio gear plus a clear case), so we’re assuming that the bundle does not apply here.
If you need a refresher, the ZF3 Zoom packs two 12-megapixel rear cameras, with one set at 1x zoom and one set at 2.3x zoom to mimic the original’s zoom capabilities. We’ve put the ZF3 Zoom through the ringer, and you can read what we had to say about ASUS’ first dual-camera smartphone here.
The phone will be available for purchase by tomorrow, March 17.