It is basically a Redmi 7 with a superior selfie camera
Together with the Redmi 7, Xiaomi unveiled the Redmi Y3 in India. Key features of the Redmi Y3 include a 32-megapixel front camera, a 4GB/64GB variant, and a new Aurora design. The latter is a new take on gradient colors.
Aside from those differences, the Redmi Y3 shares the same specs with the Redmi 7.
Xiaomi Redmi Y3 specs
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 632 octa-core processor
- 3GB/4GB RAM
- 6.26-inch HD+ display
- 32GB/64GB internal storage
- 12-megapixel f/2.2 main rear camera, 2-megapixel depth sensor; PDAF, LED flash
- 32-megapixel front camera
- Dual SIM
- 3G, LTE
- WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, A-GPS
- Fingerprint scanner, face unlock, P2i coating
- 4000mAh battery
- Android Pie with MIUI
The Redmi Y3 is priced at INR 9999(~Php 7.5k) for the 3GB/32GB variant and INR 11999(~Php 9k) for the 4GB/64GB variant. It will be available in India starting April 30 and is expected to be available globally as the Redmi S3.