A budget phone with four rear cameras and a Full HD+ display
After it was revealed prematurely a few days back, Xiaomi went on in making the Redmi 9 official. As the successor to the Redmi 8, one of the biggest upgrades is its use of an Helio G80 processor, offering a significant performance boost over the Snapdragon 439. It also gets a bigger Full HD+ display, along with four rear cameras: 13-megapixel main camera, 8-megapixel ultra-wide-angle camera, 2-megapixel macro camera, and 2-megapixel depth sensor.
Xiaomi Redmi 9 specs
- MediaTek Helio G80 octa-core processor
- 3GB/4GB of RAM
- 6.53-inch Full HD+ resolution display with dot-notch, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- 32GB/64GB of expandable internal storage
- Quad rear cameras: 13-megapixel f/2.2 main camera, 8-megapixel ultra-wide-angle camera, 2-megapixel macro camera, 2-megapixel depth sensor; with AI, PDAF, LED flash
- 8-megapixel f/2.0 front camera
- Dual SIM
- 3G, LTE
- WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, A-GPS, NFC
- Fingerprint scanner
- 5020mAh battery, USB Type-C connector, 18W fast charging
The Redmi 9 is available in Spain for 149 Euros(~Php 8.5k) for the 3GB/32GB model and 179 Euros(~Php 10.2k) for the 4GB/64GB model. Both variants are expected to retail for lower once it becomes official in the Philippines.