The most versatile camera smartphone out there?
The wait is finally over for Xiaomi’s second phone with a 108-megapixel camera. Unlike the Mi MIX Alpha, the Mi CC9 Pro has a more conservative look, along with a more palatable price. The Mi CC9 Pro’s main highlight is its penta-rear camera setup, led by a 108-megapixel f/1.7 ISOCELL HMX main camera with OIS 8P lens for the Premium model.
The other four cameras include an 8-megapixel non-periscope telephoto camera with OIS and 4x optical zoom, a 20-megapixel ultra-wide-angle camera, a dedicated 2-megapixel f/2.4 macro lens with 1.5cm close focusing, and a dedicated 12-megapixel f/2.0 portrait camera—which is basically a telephoto camera with 2x optical zoom to give it a 50mm focal length. If you need additional lighting, the Mi CC9 Pro comes with four LED flashes.
Since it does not use a periscope, the Mi CC9 Pro’s 5x optical zoom is achieved through combining the zoom ranges of both telephoto cameras—a pretty clever trick to keep the phone as slim as possible without any special hardware.
DxOMark gave the Mi CC9 Pro a total score of 121, matching the score of the Mate 30 Pro for the top spot. Check out their review below:
For the display, you have a 6.47-inch Full HD+ curved AMOLED panel with an in-display fingerprint scanner and a waterdrop notch that is home to a 32-megapixel f/2.0 camera.
For the internals, the Mi CC9 Pro is powered by a Snapdragon 730G processor paired with 6/8GB RAM and 128Gb/256GB internal storage. Keeping the lights on is a huge 5260mAh battery with 30w PD wired charging.
Xiaomi Mi CC9 Pro Specs
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 730G octa-core processor
- Adreno 618 GPU
- 6GB/8GB RAM
- 128GB/256GB internal storage
- 6.47-inch Full HD+ AMOLED Curved display
- Penta rear camera setup: 108-megapixel f/1.8 main camera with OIS; 20-megapixel ultra-wide-angle camera; 8-megapixel telephoto camera with 4x optical zoom and OIS, 12-megapixel f/2.0 portrait camera with 2x zoom, 2-megapixel f/2.4 macro camera with 1.5cm close focusing; Dual Pixel and Laser Autofocus, dual-tone flash, AI scene detection, and AI portrait
- 32-megapixel f/2.0 front camera
- Dual SIM
- 4G LTE
- WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, A-GPS, NFC
- In-display fingerprint scanner, USB-C
- 5260mAh battery with 30W wired charging
- Android 9 with MIUI 11
The Mi CC9 Pro is priced at CNY 2799(~Php 20.2k) and CNY 3099(~Php 22.4k) for the 6GB/128GB and 8GB/256GB versions respectively. The latter has a Premium version that comes with an 8P lens for the main camera and retails for CNY 3499(~Php 25.2k).
All three variants will be available starting November 11 in China. The Mi CC9 Pro is expected to debut globally as the Mi Note 10, though we do not know for now if there will be any differences.