Finally, the powerful, affordable tablet is hitting stores
Along with the Redmi 2, Xiaomi is also preparing to sell their Mi Pad, that powerful Android tablet running NVIDIA’s Tegra K1 SOC. The Mi Pad has gone on sale on other territories before the Philippines, and we’re happy that pinoy consumers can finally buy one of the most powerful tablets in planet.
Xiaomi Mi Pad specs
- 2.2GHz quad-core NVIDIA Tegra K1 processor
- ULP GeForce Kepler (192 cores)
- 2GB of RAM
- 7.9-inch IPS display, Corning Gorilla Glass 3, 1536 x 2048 resolution
- 16 GB of storage, expandable via microSD up to 128GB
- 8-megapixel rear camera
- 5-megapixel front camera
- Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, USB OTG
- Android 4.4 KitKat with MIUI
- 6700mAh battery
The Mi Pad’s performance is pretty surprising and has been clocked in AnTuTu (before the update) at around 40K points. Unfortunately only the white, 16GB variant of the Mi Pad will be sold in the PH, and will be priced at Php 10,999. Like the Redmi 2, no date has been set for the Mi Pad’s sale, though we’re assuming that Xiaomi will send updates through their official Facebook page about when the product will be ready.