More full metal goodness from Xiaomi
Xiaomi has officially unveiled another budget smartphone – this time it’s the Redmi 3. Just like the Redmi Note 3, the Redmi 3 sports a full metal body, along with mid-range specs: Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 616 octa-core processor and 2GB of RAM.
Xiaomi Redmi 3 specs
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 616 octa-core processor
- 2GB of RAM
- 5-inch HD display, 1280 x 720 resolution
- 16GB of storage, expandable via microSD up to 128GB
- 13-megapixel rear camera, phase detection AF
- 5-megapixel front camera
- 3G, LTE
- WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, A-GPS
- 4100mAh battery
Aside from possessing Qualcomm’s spanking’ new 616 processor, the Redmi 3 also has a large 4100mAh battery that should allow it to keep on trucking even with heavy use. The Redmi 3 is priced at just RMB 699 or around 5K in our currency, which makes it a compelling device for the budget-minded.