The new entry-level king in town?
We just got news that the Authorized Reseller of Xiaomi products in the Philippines will be carrying the Redmi 5A on March 13. Xiaomi’s latest entry-level phone aims to compete against a sea of budget phones being offered in the market with decent specs that include a Snapdragon 425 processor and a 3000mAh battery.
Here’s a recap of its specs:
Xiaomi Redmi 5A Specs
- 1.4GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 425 Quad-Core Processor
- Adreno 308 GPU
- 2GB RAM
- 16GB storage, expandable up to 128GB via microSD
- 5.0-inch HD IPS display
- 13.0-megapixel f/2.2 rear camera and LED flash
- 5.0-megapixel, f/2.0 front camera
- Dual-SIM, 4G LTE, WiFi, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS/A-GPS/GLONASS, IR Blaster
- Android Nougat with MIUI 9
- 3000mAh battery
No price was given to us as of press time, but if the Redmi 5A’s China pricing will be followed, expect it to be priced at around Php4.7K. That pricing should make the Redmi 5A one of the most affordable phones using a Snapdragon 425 processor.
Don’t forget to check out our quick review on the Redmi 5A’s more expensive sibling: