Xiaomi is expected to launch their supposedly Snapdragon-flavored Redmi Note 4 version in India this coming January 19. The local rumor mill is abuzz with speculation that the upcoming popular handset will be packing a Snapdragon chipset, as Xiaomi is banned from releasing MediaTek-powered smartphones in India due to a patent dispute.
Here’s a quick recap of what to expect with the Redmi Note 4, which was released in China in August last year. We’ve included the rumored Snapdragon processor in the listing as well.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 (Snapdragon) (Rumored Specs)
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 653 octa-core processor
- Adreno 510 GPU
- 3GB RAM
- 5.5-inch FHD IPS display, 1920 x 1080 resolution, 2.5D curved glass
- 16GB / 64GB expandable storage, up to 128GB via microSD
- Dual SIM
- 3G, LTE
- WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, A-GPS
- Fingerprint scanner
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow (MIUI 8)
Press invites to the launch event have been sent already, according to several Indian tech blogs, so let’s just wait for the official announcement in a few days.