Affordable and feature-packed!
vivo, one of the last companies that you expect to be challenging Xiaomi for bang-for-the-buck smartphones, is challenging Xiaomi with their new bang-for-the-buck Z1 Pro. This new mid-range smartphone has officially debuted in India, and boy does it have an awesome spec sheet.
This particular mid-range phone comes with a Qualcomm Snapdragon 712 chipset, along with RAM and storage options of 4GB/6GB and 64GB/128GB respectively. The phone has a large 6.53-inch full HD+ display with a hole-punch notch, along with an equally large 5,000mAh battery.
The phone is no slouch when it comes to imaging too – a 16-megapixel f/1.78 aperture main camera sits on the rear, along with an 8-megapixel ultra-wide camera and a 2-megapixel depth sensor. The selfie snapper is a 32-megapixel deal.
There’s no fancy under-display fingerprint scanner here though, and the phone still comes with a microUSB port instead of a USB Type-C port, though you still get to use your wired cans thanks to the 3.5mm jack.
Android 9 Pie is present on the phone, along with FunTouch OS 9.0.
vivo Z1 Pro Specs
- Snapdragon 712 octa-core processor
- 4GB/6GB of RAM
- 6.53-inch Full HD+ display
- 64GB/128GB of expandable storage (up to 256GB via MicroSD card)
- 4G, LTE
- Dual SIM
- Triple rear cameras: 16-megapixel f/1.78 main camera, 8-megapixel ultra-wide-angle camera, 2-megapixel f/2.4 depth sensor; LED flash, PDAF
- 32-megapixel f/2.0 front camera
- WiFi, Bluetooth
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS
- Fingerprint scanner, Face Unlock 2.0, Game Turbo
- Android 9 with FunTouch OS 9.0
- 5000mAh battery with 18W quick charging
The best part? The phone starts at just INR 14,990 for the 4GB/64GB variant which translates to just Php 11,150 Filipino buckaroos, which undercuts many similarly-specc’d smartphones from other brands.