Comes with a great price tag too
Xiaomi isn’t slowing down with its releases, and has announced yet another budget phone – this time it’s the Redmi 8.
The new phone comes with its new Aura Mirror design, along with dual cameras and a Qualcomm Snapdragon processor.
Specifically, you’re looking at a 12-megapixel Sony IMX363 rear camera paired with a secondary sensor, and Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 439 octa-core processor.
Display size comes at 6.22-inches, with an HD+ resolution.
There’s an 8-megapixel selfie camera embedded in the small, “dot-notch” on the top of the display.
The phone has a USB Type-C port, has 18W fast charging capabilities, and sports a large 5000mAh battery.
Prices for the Redmi 8 starts at INR 7,999 or roughly Php 5.8K for the 3GB RAM/32GB storage variant, while the 4GB/64GB variant will go for slightly more, at INR 8,999 or Php 6.5K. Take note that prices stated here don’t come with taxes or duties yet.
Xiaomi Redmi 8 specs
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 439 octa-core processor
- 3GB/4GB of RAM
- 6.22-inch HD+ resolution display with dot-notch, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- 32GB/64GB of expandable internal storage
- 12-megapixel Sony IMX363 main camera with f/1.8 aperture, 2-megapixel secondary camera, AI, PDAF
- 8-megapixel selfie camera
- Dual SIM
- 3G, LTE
- WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, A-GPS, fingerprint scanner
- 5000mAh battery, USB Type-C connector, 18W fast charging