It will be one of the world’s first commercial 5G phones to be available in the public
In the race for 5G, Xiaomi officially announced their first 5G phone with the Mi MIX 3 5G. This version of the Mi MIX 3 uses a Snapdragon 855 processor paired with an X50 5G modem. The new set of internals claims to deliver up to 45% improvement in performance compared to the Snapdragon 845, along with up to 2Gbps in download speeds
Xiaomi emphasized that their 5G offering is the real deal, and they proved that by demonstrating a live 5G video call outside of China during the press conference.
Aside from the updated 5G-capable hardware, the Mi MIX 3 5G has all the features we love about the Mi MIX 3: magnetic sliding mechanism, dual rear cameras, wireless charging, and ceramic body.
Xiaomi Mi MIX 3 Specs
- Snapdragon 855 octa-core processor
- Adreno 640 GPU
- 6GB/8GB/10GB RAM
- 6.39-inch 19.5:9 AMOLED display
- 12-megapixel IMX363 f/1.8, 12MP S5K3M3 f/2.4 AI-powered dual rear cameras
- 24-megapixel Sony IMX576 front camera with 2MP AI-powered dual front cameras
- 128GB/256GB of storage
- Dual SIM
- 5G, LTE
- WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, A-GPS
- Fingerprint scanner, USB Type-C connector, fast charging, wireless charging
- 3200mAh battery
- Android 9 Pie with MIUI 10
The Mi MIX 3 5G will retail starting at 599 Euro(~Php 35.4k) and will be available starting in May in Europe.