It’s different from the Redmi Note 5 Pro in India
In China, Xiaomi launched the Redmi Note 5, which upon the first impression looks like the Redmi Note 5 Pro that was launched in India a few weeks ago. However, there are key differences to the China version: First, the Redmi Note 5 has a 3GB/32GB variant, which is meant for those who want the phone but are pretty tight on the budget.
Next are the cameras: The China version gets a brighter f/1.9 12-megapixel primary rear camera with bigger 1.4?m pixels (compared to 1.25?m on the India model). As for the front camera, the China model uses a 13-megapixel AI-powered snapper instead of a 20-megapixel one found on the India model.
As for ports, the China version has USB-C, with support for Quick Charge 3.0. Lastly, the China Redmi Note 5 comes with Android Oreo out of the box, along with support for Project Treble.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (China) specs
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 636 octa-core processor
- 3GB/4GB/6GB RAM
- 5.99-inch Full HD+ IPS display
- 32GB/64GB expandable storage, via microSD (up to 128GB)
- 12-megapixel f/1.9 Sony IMX486, 1.4?m pixels, and 5-megapixel f/2.0 Samsung rear cameras with LED Flash
- 13-megapixel front camera with LED Flash, AI
- 4G LTE
- WiFi, Bluetooth
- GPS/A-GPS/GLONASS, Fingerprint scanner, USB-C
- Android Oreo with MIUI 9 and support for Project Treble
- 4000mAh battery with Quick Charge 3.0
Pricing for the Redmi Note 5 (China) are as follows:
3GB/32GB – CNY 1099(~Php 9.1k)
4GB/64GB – CNY 1399(~Php 11.5k)
6GB/64GB – CNY 1699(~Php 14k)
This version of the Redmi Note 5 will most likely be sold in the Philippines, but it is best to wait for the official announcement.
Source: GSM Arena
Check out our Xiaomi articles on the site: