Xiaomi adds another Black Shark variant with the Black Shark 3s refresh. While it is very identical to the Black Shark 3 that was announced last March, the Black Shark 3s gets a better display: this time, you get a higher 120hz refresh rate, better 17ms touch latency, and a MEMC chip to aid in the fluid display experience. In addition, the Black Shark 3s’ internal storage is upgraded to UFS 3.1.
The rest of the Black Shark 3s is similar to its non-S model.
Black Shark 3s specs
- AI-Powered Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 octa-core processor
- Qualcomm Adreno 650 GPU
- 12GB LPDDR5 RAM
- 6.7-inch Full HD+ AMOLED display, 17ms input latency, 270hz touch response rate, 120hz refresh rate, support for HDR and DCI-P3, MEMC
- 128GB/256GB/512GB of UFS 3.1 storage
- Triple rear cameras: 64-megapixel f/1.75 main camera; 13-megapixel ultra-wide-angle camera; 5-megapixel depth sensor; dual-LED flash, PDAF, Dark Light enhancement, Portrait mode
- 20-megapixel f/2.0 front camera with beauty mode, 4K recording
- Dual SIM
- 4G LTE, LTE-A
- WiFi, Bluetooth, NFC
- In-display Fingerprint scanner, USB Type-C port, Liquid Cool 4.0, front-facing stereo speakers
- 4720mAh battery with 65W USB-C wired charging and 18w magnetic charging
- Android 10
The Black Shark 3s is priced at CNY 3999(~Php 28.2k) for the 12GB/128GB model, CNY 4299(~Php 30.3k) for the 12GB/256GB model, and CNY 4799(~Php 33.9k) for the 12GB/512GB model. All three variants will go on sale in China on August 4.