Xiaomi has made good on its promise, and has officially announced that it will sell the Redmi 2 in the country. Priced at Php 5,999, the Redmi 2 is a very affordable, LTE capable phone, powered by Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 410 processor. The version being sold in the PH is the smaller, 8GB storage variant which is a bit disappointing considering the 16GB variant is now going on sale in different territories.
Xiaomi RedMi 2 specs
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 quad-core processor
- Adreno 306 GPU
- 1GB RAM
- 4.7-inch HD IPS display with OGS and AGC Dragontrail Glass protection, 1280 × 720 resolution
- 8GB of storage, expandable via micrOSD up to 64GB
- 8-megapixel rear camera with LED flash
- 2 megapixel front camera
- 3G, LTE
- WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, A-GPS, USB OTG
- Android 4.4 Kitkat
- Li-Ion 2,200mAh battery
- 134 x 67.2 x 9.2mm
Unfortunately for Xiaomi, the market is currently saturated by bang-for-the-buck phones straddling more or less along the same mid-range price-point. Nevertheless, the Redmi 2 will go on sale soon, most assuredly in Lazada.