It’ll probably be cheaper here
Xiaomi has officially made the Mi 9T Pro official in European markets, giving Western audiences a taste of the K20 Pro that’s been making the rounds in China.
The Mi 9T Pro is simply a rebadged version of the K20 Pro that Xiaomi’s been peddling in their home country of China, sporting a Snapdragon 855 Processor, a Sony IMX 586 main rear camera, pop-up front camera, and 27w fast charging.
Western audiences can now enjoy Xiaomi’s latest flagship with a global ROM, though pricing is a little steep, which is expected considering the taxes in Europe.
The phone lands in Europe for €399 or around Php 23K in our currency for the 6/64GB variant, which is a little steep, considering the Chinese pricing for the phone was only around Php 18.8K.
Again, we expect local pricing to be much cheaper than what’s on sale in Europe thanks to lower taxes compared to those countries.
Redmi K20 Pro/Mi 9T Pro specs
- AI-Powered Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 octa-core processor
- Adreno 640 GPU
- 6GB/8GB RAM
- 6.39-inch Full HD+ Super AMOLED display, 18:7.9 aspect ratio, support for DCI-P3, 60000:1 Contrast Ratio, Gorilla Glass 6 protection
- 64GB/128GB/256GB of non-expandable storage
- Triple rear camera setup: 48-megapixel f/1.75 Sony IMX586 main camera with 6P lens; 13-megapixel f/2.4 ultra-wide-angle camera with 6P lens, 4cm macro mode; 8-megapixel f/2.4 telephoto lens with 2X zoom, Dual Pixel and Laser Autofocus, dual-tone flash, AI scene detection, and AI portrait
- 20-megapixel f/2.0 pop-up front camera with 1.8um pixels, AI Portrait, AI Beauty
- Dual SIM, with 4G LTE, LTE-A
- Dual Frequency GPS, GLONASS
- WiFi, Bluetooth 5.0, NFC
- In-display Fingerprint scanner, USB-C, Reading Mode 2.0, Game Turbo
- 4000mAh battery with 27W Quick Wired Charging
- Android Pie with MIUI 10