Guess it’s time for a refresh of the Xiaomi Mi Pad 2, with the third version leaked ahead of its supposed December 30 unveiling. The upcoming Mi Pad 3 will be sporting a 9.7-inch form factor (like Apple’s iPad Pro 9.7) and will initially be loading Windows 10 for its operating system. There’s no word yet from Xiaomi on whether this particular Mi Pad will be having an Android fork later on.
Xiaomi Mi Pad 3 (Rumored Specs)
- Intel Core M m3-7Y30 dual-core processor
- Intel HD Graphics 615 graphics processor
- 8GB RAM
- 9.7-inch Retina display, 2048 x 1536 resolution
- 128GB or 256GB internal storage
- 16-megapixel rear camera, dual-tone LED flash
- 8-megapixel front camera
- Fingerprint scanner, USB Type-C port
- Windows 10 OS
- 8290mAh battery, Quick Charge 3.0
According to the rumor mill, Xiaomi’s Mi Pad 3 will be launching on December 30 with a price tag of CNY 1,999 (~Php 15K) for the 128GB storage variant, and CNY 2,299 (~Php 17K) for the 256GB model. Xiaomi also designed a keyboard dock for the tablet, sold separately at CNY 99 (~Php 700).