Unveiled at CES 2017 earlier, the ZTE Blade V8 Pro with dual 13-megapixel rear snappers arrives at US online shelves today. Aside from sporting a twin camera setup, the Blade V8 Pro comes with midrange internals such as a Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 as well as forward compatibility with a USB Type-C port.
ZTE Blade V8 Pro
- 2.0GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 octa-core processor
- Qualcomm Adreno 506 GPU
- 3GB RAM
- 5.5-inch FHD TFT display, 1920 x 1080 resolution, 2.5D curved glass, Gorilla Glass 3
- 32GB expandable storage, up to 128GB via microSD
- 13-megapixel twin rear cameras, dual-LED flash, phase detect AF, 4K video
- 8-megapixel front camera
- Dual SIM
- 4G LTE
- WiFi, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, A-GPS, NFC
- Fingerprint scanner, USB Type-C port
- 3140mAh battery, Quick Charge 2.0
- Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
So, how much damage does this handset deal to your wallet? Around $230 (~Php 12K), which puts the Blade V8 Pro well within the budget range of Huawei’s dual camera GR5 2017 / Honor 6X. Specs-wise, both phones seem competitive too. It’ll be interesting to see which of these budget dual snappers comes out on top.
No word yet from ZTE if this budget twin cam phone will be launched in the Philippines. Online retailer Lazada is known to stock ZTE devices, so here’s hoping they’ll do for this one.