It’s no secret that Facebook is putting its sights on messaging service Snapchat, and have released several features to challenge the messenging platform on their own Messenger service. The social media juggernaut has added another feature to Messenger, dubbed Messenger Day.
In a nutshell Messenger Day allows you to post both videos and photos inside the app which disappears within 24 hours of posting. If you’ve used Snapchat’s Stories feature you basically have an idea of what Messenger Day does. There’s a number of filters and stickers to use with the photo or video as well if you want to dress up your images before posting.
Here’s how it works, according to Facebook:
- First make sure you’ve updated your Messenger app so you have the latest version.
- Open Messenger, and tap on the camera highlighted with a sun to celebrate this launch. Doing so drops you right into the full-screen camera. Or, tap the “Add to your day” button at the top of your inbox to get started.
- Snap a quick selfie or take a photo or video of what’s around you.
- To add art and effects, tap the smiley face icon in the top right and then tap to add to your photo or video. You can also add text over your images by tapping the “Aa” icon, and you can overlay a drawing by tapping the squiggly line in the top right corner.
- Once you have your photo or video the way you want it, tap the arrow in the bottom right corner. You can then add directly to your day, save it to your phone’s camera roll, and/or you can choose to send it to a specific person or group of people. The photo or video that you add to your day will be viewable for 24 hours.