Heeding to the government’s call to expand the scope of cashless transactions, PayMaya is expanding its payment services to the transport sector, letting users enjoy the added convenience when commuting. This is on top of partnering with Hirna for its end-to-end payment platforms.
For its expanded coverage, the following can enjoy PayMaya’s convenient services:
- Commuters – Topping up credits for beep cards can now be done via the PayMaya app. In addition, scan-to-pay is available with transport service providers with PayMaya terminals.
- Transportation service providers – Aside from Hirna, UBE Express (P2P and Airport shuttle services), EKR Taxi (taxi services), and Hype (TNVS) will be accepting both card and QR payments in vehicles or when commuters book through their apps or websites.
- Transit hubs – the Araneta City Bus Port supports both card and QR payments through its website and its hub itself.
- Gasoline stations – Petron, Shell, SEAOIL, Unioil, Cleanfuel, RePhil, and other major fuel retailers now support PayMaya One’s all-in-one Point-of-Sale device for contactless payments.
- Delivery services – Lalamove and other delivery providers will soon have support for PayMaya for paying delivery services.
- Government agencies – Soon enough, motor vehicle renewals and registrations done through the LTO website will be able to do cashless payments using PayMaya’s platform.
“Our complete suite of cashless payment solutions can help empower all modes of transportation, from tricycle drivers to jeepneys, all the way to premium taxis, buses, and other forms of mass transportation around the country,” PayMaya Public Sector Enterprise Head Marvin Santos said.
On top of this, PayMaya is coordinating with water and air transport providers to adopt its cashless system for easier transactions.