Pokemon Go is still alive, folks. While the game’s userbase has stabilized to a much lower figure from its peak days, Pokemon Go is still enjoying a sizable market share according to the guys at Pokemon Go Hub. At the very least, according to the site, Pokemon Go is still more popular than Dota and Clash of Clans.
Now, it looks like Niantic is prepping up the game for the entry of Generation 2 Pokemon, according to enthusiast site The Silph Road. No specific patch dates are mentioned yet, but the code’s already there.
The guys took a closer look at the latest patch’s code and saw 100 new Pokemon references, as well as 52 new families:
2. 100 NEW POKEMON ARE NOW REFERENCED IN THE GAME’S CODE
- Pokedex #152 (Chikorita) to #251 (Celebi)
- Moveset data has not appeared for the 100 new species, and a client-side update (e.g. v0.45.1) will be required for them to begin appearing in-game
3. 52 NEW POKEMON FAMILIES NOW APPEAR
- Again from Chikorita to Celebi
- Includes Ho-Oh and Lugia, etc.
There’s plenty of other future changes in store for Pokemon Go players based on their report, so check it out if you want to see the direction Pokemon Go is going with nowadays.