As we usher in September, we’re greeted with 2 of the 3 Marvel greats that appeared in our silver screens not too long ago. On September 9th the Blu-Ray edition of X-Men: First Class will hit stores! A week after, September 13th, the god-of-thunder greets us mightily in high-def stunning 1080p format!
Fox announced that they will be releasing two very special boxes of X-Men: First Class with James McAvoy (Professor Charles Xavier) and Michael Fassbender (Erik Lensher/Magneto) respectively on the cover boxes. Something like this:
Woo-hoo! I’m excited! I just hope the Philippine distribution of the blu-ray will be giving us this option as well. The Blu-Ray disc, aside from the feature film presented in stunning 1080p, reportedly will include the following:
10 Marvel “X-Men” Digital Comics with exclusive “X-Men: First Class” Backstory Comic (not too sure if we’ll get this for Philippine purchases)
More than two hours of never-before-seen extras, including:
- Cerebro Mutant Tracker: The complete interactive Mutant Database with interactive videos giving fans the ability to learn about their favorite mutants in the X-Men film franchise
- Children of the Atom: An eight-part behind-the-scenes featurette, charting the film from pre-production through post-production, including visual effects techniques and cataloguing “X-Men” transformations through prosthetic make up and costume design
- “X” Marks the Spot: An interactive feature allowing viewers the opportunity to learn more about specific scenes with talent interviews and behind-the-scenes footage
- Extended and Deleted Scenes
- BD-Live Portal with additional Cerebro Mutant Tracker profiles
- Composer’s Isolated Score
- Theatrical Trailer
And a week right after that we get to clash mettle with Marvel’s Thor, the direct prequel to next year’s momentous Avengers movie. So what does the god-of-thunder have in store for us?
Well, aside from the usual behind-the-scenes featurette, which is a lot, we’ll get an exclusive sneak peak at the Avengers which I am hoping isn’t the same trailer from Captain America. In addition, Thor Blu-Ray comes with a special Marvel One-Shot Short Film entitled “The Consultant” starring their very own Agent Phil Coulson (Clark Gregg) of S.H.I.E.L.D.
Here’s the line-up of extras from Amazon.com:
- Commentary by director Kenneth Branagh
- Marvel One-Shot: The Consultant (HD)
- Featurettes (HD)
- “Road to the Avengers” (HD)
- 11 Deleted Scenes with optional commentary (HD)
- Trailers (HD)
With almost a whole year to wait for the Avengers, I guess these little tidbits of extra stuff will definitely help curb some of that geeky hunger (or at least it helps us get pass the obsession for a weekend).
Thor also comes out with a Limited Edition 3D Blu-Ray pack: 3 discs total with the 3D film, the 2D film and a DVD pack + Digital Copy. Note that it’s not 100% sure if this will be available locally as most Blu-Ray packs released before usually had to be imported. However, if you’re a huge fan of Thor and loved the film (which we here at Unbox.ph did!) that extra $$ for international shipping might be worth it.
Here’s the official promotional video for the Blu-Ray discs:
Woot woot! :)
UPDATE: It seems like we’ll be getting THOR earlier than expected. THOR BLU-RAY and LIMITED EDITION 3D BLU-RAY just came out last September 10, 2011 in Astro Vision and Astro Plus outlets. THOR BLU-RAY cost Php1,700 and the LIMITED EDITION 3D BLU-RAY cost Php 2,300 (which also includes the original Blu-ray film plus featurettes).
No word on X-Men’s First Class Blu-ray Philippine release day yet though.