Here’s the brand new Zenfone 3!
ASUS has officially announced their new Zenfone 3 family of smartphones in Taipei, Taiwan today, a full day before COMPUTEX officially begins. The headline smartphone features a new metal body as well as a new Qualcomm 625 processor, 3GB of RAM and a 5.5-inch full HD display, with 2.5D glass layered on top.
ASUS Zenfone 3 specs:
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 processor
- 3GB/4GB RAM
- 5.2-inch/5.5-inch full HD IPS display, Corning Gorilla Glass protection, 2.5D glass, 1920 x 1080 resolution
- 32GB/64GB of expandable storage
- 16-megapixel rear camera, Sony IMX298 sensor, f/2.0 aperture, 4-axis OIS, 3-axis EIS, 6 element largan lens, laser AF, phase detection AF, continous focus
- 8-megapixel front camera, f/2.0 aperture
- 3G, LTE
- WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, A-GPS, Fingerprint scanner, USB Type-C
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- 2600mAh/3000mAh battery
ASUS has also improved the rear camera of the Zenfone 3, arguably one of the biggest issues of the previous device. The Zenfone 3 now features a 16-megapixel rear camera with a f/2.0 aperture lens and OIS, paired with a 8-megapixel f/2.0 wide angle 88-degree snapper. A 3000mAh battery keeps the lights on.
Despite their love for all things plastic, ASUS has now gone with far more premium materials for the Zenfone 3. A metal frame and a glass back gives the phone the air of a premium device, and the concentric circle design on the back gives it a visual flourish when viewed at certain angles. ASUS has stuffed a Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 processor on board, 4GB of RAM and 32GB of storage. There’s a smaller 5.2-inch version of the phone that has less RAM and storage (3GB and 32GB, resptectively).
ASUS is pricing the Zenfone 3 at $249, though that price is for the smaller 5.2-inch variant. No pricing is available as of yet for the 5.5-inch version.