Meet ASUS’ Selfie centered phone
ASUS has officially unveiled the latest member of their Zenfone family, the Zenfone Selfie. The Zenfone Selfie lives up to its name because of its two 13-megapixel cameras with f/2.2 aperture (front) f/2.0 apeture (rear) and dual-color, dual LED Real Tone Flash on both the front and back of the phone. Because of its focus on selfies, the new Zenfone Selfie has multiple software improvements that beautifies self photos taken by the device.
ASUS Zenfone Selfie specs
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 processor
- Adreno 450 GPU
- 2GB/3GB RAM
- 5.5-inch full HD display with Gorilla Glass 4, 1920 x 1080 resolution
- 16GB/32GB storage,expandable via microSD up to 64GB
- 13-megapixel rear camera with f/2.0 aperture, dual LED real-tone flash, laser AF
- 13-megapixel front camera with f/2.2 aperture, wide angle lens, dual LED real tone flash, selfie panorama
- 3G, LTE
- WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS
- Android Lollipop
- 3000mAh battery
The Zenfone Selfie is also one of the few phones out in the market today that uses a laser autofocus unit slaved to the rear camera, which should give the Selfie fast autofocus times.
The Selfie uses a 5.5-inch display that’s squeezed in a body that’s typically associated with 5-inchers. The 5.5-inch display has a full HD (1920 x 1080) resolution, as well as Gorilla Glass 4. Internally, the Zenfone Selfie is powered by Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 615 processor, a first of ASUS as the company has almost always used Intel’s Atom processors, although they’ve gone with Qualcomm’s chips before on the first LTE versions of the Zenfone 5.
ASUS has not released pricing for the Zenfone Selfie as of yet, but you can expect it to hit Q3 of this year.