It’s Finally at Unbox HQ!
ASUS gave us a sneak peek at their take on a gaming smartphone all the way back in June of this year during COMPUTEX 2018 in Taipei, Taiwan. Fast-forward to five months later and the ROG Phone has finally been available to the country during the Electronic Sports and Gaming Summit that recently concluded last weekend.
Our review unit finally arrived at Unbox HQ so it’s time to share what comes inside the packaging.
What’s Inside the Box?
We really like how the ROG Phone stands out of the rest of the pack in terms of its overall design but its packaging is certainly one of the most unique we’ve seen for a smartphone too.
All you have to do is flip up the magnetic latch on the side (after removing the shrink wrap, of course) and everything is laid and presented for you to use. Inside the box, you’ll find the ROG Phone itself in all its glory, the included AeroActive Cooler to keep temps down as you game, the wall charger, a braided USB-C to USB-C cable, documentation, and a SIM Ejector Tool.
Let’s Run Some Benchmarks!
While we’ve already given you guys a quick look at the device the first time we had a chance to play around with it, there was something that we weren’t allowed to do with the units they had on display — Run benchmarks on them.
We were finally allowed to have it crunch some numbers and we’re here to show you the results. As a disclaimer, we had the ASUS ROG Phone running on X Mode to see what it could really do so bear that in mind when you see the results.
ASUS ROG Phone Specs
- Speed-binned 2.93Ghz Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 processor
- Adreno 630 GPU
- 8GB RAM
- 128GB/512GB internal storage
- 6-inch Full HD+AMOLED display with 90hz refresh rate and 1ms response time, HDR support
- 12-megapixel main and 8-megapixel wide-angle rear cameras
- 8-megapixel front camera
- 4G, LTE
- Dual SIM
- WiFi, Bluetooth
- GPS, A-GPS
- USB Type-C
- GameCool vapor-chamber cooling system, AirTrigger force feedback haptics
- Aura RGB lighting and AuraSync Support
- Stereo speakers with smart amplifier and support for Hi-Res Audio, DTS:HeadphoneX, and aptX
- 4000mAh battery with HyperCharge
- Android 8.1 Oreo with ZenUI 5.0
The ASUS ROG Phone has sticker price of Php 49,995 for the 128BG variant and 61,995 for the 512GB variant. If you want the complete set of accessories, you’re going to have to pony up Php 108,465 or Php 120,465 for the respective models.
For more information about the ROG Phone, click on the links below: