BlackBerry Bold 9900
RIM just announced in a media event earlier this evening that the BlackBerry Bold 9900 is finally going to come to the Philippines. According to Hastings Singh, RIM VP – South Asia, the new BlackBerry Bold 9900 will be available through dealers, distributors, and network partners starting October 7, 2011. The SRP will be Php31,690.
What’s so special about the BlackBerry Bold 9900?
Allow me to summarize what makes the BlackBerry Bold 9900 a worthy contender for your “what-should-be-my-next-phone” list. I’ll just do it in bullet points so that it’s easier and faster for everyone.
- Stunning hardware design: The BlackBerry Bold 9900 is the thinnest BlackBerry in the line-up and it looks amazing. I had some time with it and it had me mesmerized for a few seconds. It heven has a brushed stainless steel frame!
- 40% Faster Browsing: RIM says that the browsing experience is 40% faster vs OS6. That’s very welcome news since I hate browsing sites on BlackBerry phones.
- Liquid Graphics: smoother, sleeker, and faster graphics.
- Augmented Reality: You can actually scan the area around you and you’ll see who else has BBM’s and you can ask to chat with them. Scary, haha!
- NFC-enabled: First BlackBerry smartphone with Near Field Communications technology! This will be a huge hit once more accessories that are NFC-friendly hit the market.
- Specs: 1.2GHz processor, 2.8″ Display with multi-touch (640×480 pixel resolution), BlackBerry QWERTY Keypad, 5MP camera, 720p HD video recording, 8GB internal memory, expandable up to 40GB via microSD.
The BlackBerry Bold 9900 is probably the best BlackBerry smartphone ever shipped. Die-hard Android and Apple fans though will just brush this aside and call RIM desperate but I’m really impressed with the new Bold 9900 and I can’t wait to have one myself. Note that I own both iOS and Android devices. 🙂
Thanks again to RIM and Virtusio PR for inviting us!