First Android phone from BlackBerry
BlackBerry had officially unveiled their first ever Android-powered smartphone to the Philippines, the Priv. The Priv promises to merge the best of Android and BlackBerry’s Core competencies, which include messaging and security.
- Snapdragon 808 hexa-core processor
- 3GB of RAM
- 5.4-inch curved QHD AMOLED display with Gorilla Glass 4, 2560 x 1440 resolution
- 32GB of storage, expandable via microSD up to 2TB
- 18-megapixel rear camera, OIS, PDAF, 6-element f/2.2 lens, dual LED flash
- 2-megapixel fixed focus camera, f/2.8 lens, 1.75um pixel size
- 3G, LTE
- WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, A-GPS, NFC
- 3410mAh battery
- Android 5.1 Lollipop
The BlackBerry Priv has a slide out keyboard underneath the display. It’d powered by Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 808 hexa-core processor. In the Philippines, the BlackBerry Priv will be priced at a steep Php 45,000.