Last month, we covered the launch of Blackberry’s DTEK50 in the Philippines. The 5.2-inch smartphone touted as the “most secure Android smartphone” was one of three rumored BB phones that were in the production pipeline. Today, we get confirmation on the DTEK50‘s bigger brother, earlier leaked as “Argon”, now the upcoming 5.5-inch DTEK60.
Let’s look under the hood of Blackberry’s DTEK60, courtesy of “leaked info” from the company’s US website.
- 2.15GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 quad-core processor
- Adreno 530 graphics processor
- 4GB RAM
- 5.5-inch QHD display, 2560 x 1440 resolution
- 32GB expandable storage, up to 2TB via microSD
- 21-megapixel rear camera, f/2.0 aperture, phase detection AF, dual tone LED flash, 4K video
- 8-megapixel front camera, f/2.2 aperture, wide angle lens, 1080p video
- 4G, LTE Advanced
- Fingerprint sensor, USB Type-C, USB OTG
- Android OS
- 3000mAh Li-Ion battery, non-removable, Quick Charge 3.0
Pretty powerful hardware, but as usual, the battery is lacking. The naming scheme could use some work too, but it’s probably too late for that, now that the DTEK50‘s in circulation. No release window or pricing information yet from Blackberry, but speculation is abound that the DTEK60 will be officially launched “soon.”