You’ll have to do it manually though
We have good news for all Flare X owners out there! Cherry Mobile has officially released the Lollipop update for their Flare X smartphone. Unfortunately, there’s a catch – for one, the update is pretty big, clocking in at almost 1GB in size, so we suggest that you find a nice stable WiFi hotspot before attempting to download the file, which can be located here.
Cherry Mobile Flare X
- 1.7GHz MediaTek 6752 octa-core processor
- 3GB of RAM
- 5.5-inch full HD IPS OGS display, Gorilla Glass 3, 1920 x 1080 resolution
- 16GB of storage expandable via microSD card
- 13-megapixel rear camera, Sony IMX214 sensor, BSI
- 5-megapixel front camera
- 3G, LTE
- WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, NFC
- 3000mAh battery
- Android 4.4 KitKat with OTA for Lollipop
- SRP: Php6,999
The other catch is that the update has to be done manually, through a PC. Thankfully Cherry Mobile has also included a comprehensive how-to guide on the update. Rooted phones need not apply – you’ll need to find a way to return it to factory specs before you try to apply the update.