Part of the team is currently in Cebu where OPPO hosted us for this year’s Sinulog festival. As things are winding down and festivities are coming to a close, it seems OPPO decided to keep things interesting by showing us the R9S. The OPPO R9S has been making its rounds within the region and the rest of Asia since its launch in October 2016, but has yet to land on Philippine shores. Let’s give you a bit of a refresher of the specs for the OPPO R9S.
OPPO R9S Specifications
- 2.0GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 octa-core processor
- 4GB of RAM
- Adreno 506 GPU
- 5.5-inch Full HD AMOLED display; 1920×1080 resolution, Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- 64GB of storage (expandable via MicroSD card)
- 16-megapixel rear camera; f/1.7 aperture, PDAF, LED Flash
- 16-megapixel front camera; f/2.0 aperture
- Dual SIM (Hybrid Slot)
- 3G, LTE
- Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS, A-GPS
- Fingerprint scanner
- 3010mAh battery with Fast charging
- Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
So, does this mean we’ll be seeing the OPPO R9S and R9S Plus at one of their stores soon? Well, the official answer is… Maybe. The Oppo R9S has been priced at around Php 20k, while the R9S Plus is at around the Php 25k mark, but if it does land on Philippine shores expect a bit of price bump.
Let us know in the comment section below if the Chinese brand should bring these phones over.