Meet their newest looker
Gionee’s taken the opportunity at MWC to announce their newest looker, the S8. Aside from having a 5.5-inch AMOLED display and a metal body, it posseses one of the narrowest designs in the market today, at just 74.9mm wide.
Gionee S8 specs
- MediaTek Helio P10 octa-core processor
- 4GB of RAM
- 5.5-inch full HD AMOLED display with 3D Touch capability, 2.5D glass and Gorilla Glass 4 protection, 1920 x 1080 resolution
- 64Gb of internal storage, expandable via microSD up to 200GB
- 16-megapixel rear camera with laser AF, PDAF, f/1.8 aperture
- 8-megapixel front camera
- Dual SIM
- 3G, LTE
- WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, A-GPS, Fingerprint scanner
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow with Amigo UI
- 3000mAh battery
Gionee is particularly proud of the “loop” full metal body of the S8, which positions the antenna at the side of the phone, which is then painted to match the color of the body.
The screen is also pretty interesting because it has 3D Touch tech built-in, capable of recognizing touch, tap and press.