Gionee’s unusually dubbed M2017 smartphone has recently cleared China’s TENAA certification, along with an appearance at benchmark site AnTuTu. Earlier reported to be packing an Helio P10 chipset, the M2017 based on the AnTuTu snapshot now carries Qualcomm’s recently launched Snapdragon 653 SoC.
Gionee M2017 (Rumored Specs)
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 653 octa-core processor
- Adreno 510 graphics processor
- 6GB RAM
- 5.7-inch QHD display, 2560 x 1440 resolution
- 128GB internal storage, non-expandable
- 12-megapixel rear camera
- 8-megapixel front camera
- Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
- 7000mAh battery
As a consequence of the huge battery pack, the M2017 is thicker and heavier than the usual phablet, at 10.65mm thick and 230 grams heavy. Still, the benefits outweigh the cons.