HMD Global makes a strong 5G debut
HMD Global finally debuts its first 5G phone with the Nokia 8.3 5G. Unlike other 5G phones, HMD Global claims that the Nokia 8.3 5G is a future-proof, global-ready 5G phone that covers all 12 5G frequencies around the world. Powering it is a Snapdragon 765G processor paired with 6GB/8GB RAM and 64GB/128GB of expandable storage, along with a 4500mAh battery with 18w charging.
The Nokia 8.3 5G has the biggest display ever on a Nokia phone, boasting a 6.81-inch screen estate with Full HD+ resolution, Nokia’s PureDisplay tech, and a punch-hole camera that houses a 24-megapixel Zeiss selfie camera. It gets a quad-rear camera setup consisting of a 64-megapixel main camera, 12-megapixel ultra-wide-angle camera, 2-megapixel depth sensor, and 2-megapixel macro camera.
The ultra-wide-angle camera has unique tricks: it has a native 16:9 aspect, pixel binning tech that results in 2.8um pixels, and action cam mode for capturing smooth footage at 60FPS. The Nokia 8.3 5G has ZEISS Cinema Capture features that include options to shoot in 21:9 cinematic mode and anamorphic and blue flare effects.
Nokia 8.3 5G specs
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 765G processor
- 6GB/8GB LPDDR4X RAM
- 64GB/128GB internal storage, expandable via MicroSD
- 6.81-inch PureDisplay Full HD+ IPS display with Gorilla Glass 3 protection, HDR10 and DCI-P3 support, 1:1500 contrast, 96% NTSC color gamut coverage
- Quad Zeiss rear cameras: 64-megapixel f/1.89 main camera; 12-megapixel f/2.2 Ultra-wide-angle camera with 16:9 cinematic aspect ratio; 2-megapixel f/2.4 depth sensor; 2-megapixel macro camera; Dual High CRI LED Flash, EIS, 4K video recording, Zeiss Cinematic Effects, Video HDR, Action Cam mode
- 24-megapixel f/2.0 Zeiss front camera
- Dual SIM
- 3G, LTE, 5G
- WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, A-GPS
- USB Type-C, side-mounted fingerprint scanner, OZO Audio
- Android 10
- 4500mAh battery with 18W fast charging
The Nokia 8.3 5G will be available this summer and will start at 599 Euros(~Php 32.9k).