Will the Philippines Ever See the HTC Droid DNA?
Well this is interesting. We just posted the news bit that the HTC One X+ will be available in the Philippines within November and then we find out HTC just announced a new handset in the US! The HTC Droid DNA is a 5-inch quad-core, Jelly Bean-touting, 5-inch smartphone with a crazy ass display (440 pixels per inch). Based on the photo and the hands-on videos by various gadgets, the Droid DNA sports a sleeker and thinner design as well compared to the One series.
HTC Droid DNA Spec Sheet
- 1.5GHz Quad-core Snapdragon S4 Pro Processor
- 2GB RAM
- Android 4.1 Jelly Bean with HTC Sense
- 8-megapixel rear-facing camera, f/2.0, 28mm wide angle lens, BSI Sensor, ImageChip, 1080p Video
- 2.1-megapixel front-facing camera, 88-degree ultra-wide angle lens, 1080p video
- 16GB Internal Storage
- NFC, Bluetooth, WiFi GPS, HSPA+, LTE
- Beats Audio Technology with Dual Amplifiers
- Supports Wireless Charging
- 2,020mAh Battery
Everything about it, especially the display and the camera, looks monstrous. However I’m a bit concerned about the battery. Having a 2,020mAh battery powering this beast looks risky. The Samsung Galaxy Note 2 packs a 3,100mAh battery so I’m not really sure if 2,020mAh can cut it.
The Droid DNA is exclusive to Verizon Wireless in the US. I’m not sure if this will ever reach the PH. Hopefully it will though. We’d definitely love to review it!