Punch-hole display for an affordable price
Following through with the launch of the pop-up camera-sporting Y9s last month, Huawei updates its 2020 budget phone offerings with the Y7p. Unlike its more expensive sibling, the Y7p goes for a 6.3-inch HD+ punch-hole display that makes it stand out of other budget phones rocking conventional waterdrop notches.
Like the Y7s, the Y7p rocks Huawei’s Kirin 710F processor, along with a 4000mAh battery with support for 10w wired charging. It also shares the same triple rear camera setup as well: 48-megapixel f/1.8 main camera, 8-megapixel f/2.4 ultra-wide-angle camera, and 2-megapixel f/2.4 depth sensor.
Huawei Y7p Specs
- 2.2GHz HiSilicon Kirin 710F octa-core processor
- Mali-G51 MP4 GPU
- 4GB of RAM
- 6.39-inch HD+ punch-hole display
- 64GB of expandable storage (up to 256GB via microSD)
- Triple rear cameras: 48-megapixel f/1.8 main camera; 8-megapixel f/2.4 ultra-wide-angle camera, 2-megapixel f/2.4 depth sensor; with PDAF, LED Flash
- 8-megapixel f/2.2 front camera
- 4G, LTE (Dual SIM, Hybrid Tray)
- WiFi, Bluetooth
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- Fingerprint scanner
- Android 9 Pie with EMUI 9.1
- 4000mAh battery with 10w charging
The Y7p is priced at Php 9,990, making it competitively priced as it is one of the few sub-10k phones to have a punch-hole display and a 48-megapixel main rear camera. Pre-order starts from February 22 until February 27 for retail stores and from February 17 to 27 for online. Customers get a Huawei Cm510 Bluetooth Speaker with their purchase, along with 50GB Huawei Cloud storage for two months and 500 Huawei Points.
Don’t forget to check out our review on the Y7p: