PhoneArena reports that Huawei’s MediaPad M3 has been certified by the FCC, so a product unveiling is imminent. Speculation points that Huawei will be introducing the new M3 at the IFA Berlin, one of the world’s leading trade shows for consumer electronics and technology, starting on September 2.
The 8-inch MediaPad M3 is the latest iteration of Huawei’s MediaPad M series, starting with last year’s M1, and the M2 which was released early this year. A YouTube video has surfaced leaking comprehensive specs on the new M3:
Huawei MediaPad M3
- HiSilicon Kirin 950 octa-core processor
- Mali-T880 graphics processor
- 4GB RAM
- 8-inch IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen display, 1920 x 1200 resolution
- 32GB expandable storage, up to 128GB via microSD
- 13-megapixel rear camera
- 8-megapixel front camera
- Single SIM
- 4G LTE
- WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, A-GPS, fingerprint sensor
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow on EMUI
- 4800mAh battery, quick charge
We’ll see confirmation of these leaked specs in the days to come. No pricing details yet from Huawei.
As for local availability, Lazada and Villman have been known to stock Huawei’s MediaPad series, so here’s hoping we’ll get the MediaPad M3 tablet from them when it’s launched locally.