Bringing 5G to a more affordable price point
Huawei’s much-awaited Kirin 820 mid-range 5G processor is now official with the HONOR 30S. The second 5G phone after the HONOR V30 and HONOR V30 Pro, the HONOR 30S positions itself as a mid-range 5G phone. At its core is an all-new Kirin 820 5G processor. A 7nm processor like the Kirin 810, the Kirn 820 5G has one prime Cortex-A76 processor running at 2.36Ghz, three Cortex-A76 cores running at 2.22Ghz, and four Cortex-A56 cores running at 1.8Ghz. All CPU cores promise as much as 27% improvement in performance over its predecessor, and 38% improvement in GPU performance thanks to a Mali-G57 MP6 GPU and Kirin Gaming+ 2.0 technology.
The Kirin 820 5G has an upgraded NPU that promises as much as 37% improvement in NPU performance and inherits the Kirin 990’s Kirin ISP 5.0, giving it features like BM3D SLR image noise reduction and video dual-domain noise reduction.
Going through the HONOR 30S’ spec sheet, its quad-rear camera setup consists of a 64-megapixel main camera, 8-megapixel telephoto camera with 3x optical zoom, 8-megapixel ultra-wide-angle camera, and 2-megapixel depth sensor, while the front camera is a 16-megapixel snapper situated in a punch hole.
For the display, you get a 6.5-inch Full HD+ IPS display with a side-mounted fingerprint scanner. Powering it is a 4000mAh battery with 40w wired charging and Android 10 with MagicUI 3.1.1 out of the box.
HONOR 30S specs
- HiSilicon Kirin 820 5G octa-core processor
- 8GB RAM
- 6.5-inch Full HD+ IPS display
- 128GB/256GB internal storage
- Quad rear cameras: 64-megapixel f/1.8 IMX682 main camera; 8-megapixel f.2.4 telephoto camera with 3x optical zoom; 8-megapixel f/2.4 ultra-wide-angle camera; 2-megapixel depth sensor LED Flash
- 16-megapixel f/2.0 front camera
- Dual SIM
- 3G, 4G, LTE, 5G
- WiFi, Bluetooth, Dual-band GPS, NFC
- Side-mounted fingerprint scanner, face unlock
- 4000mAh battery with 40w wired charging
- EMUI 10 with Magic UI 3.1.1
The HONOR 30S is priced at CNY 2399(~Php 17.3k) for the 8GB/128GB model and CNY 2699(~Php 19.4k) for the 8GB/256GB model. Both variants will go on sale on April 7 in China.