Lenovo’s sub-brand, ZUK has unveiled its newest flagship handset, the ZUK Edge on their online store. The ZUK Edge is a 5.5-inch smartphone that has an 86.4% screen-to-body ratio as its distinguishing feature. It’s also packed with impressive, premium-tier hardware under its hood.
- 2.35GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 quad-core processor
- Qualcomm Adreno 530 graphics processor
- 4GB RAM or 6GB RAM
- 5.5-inch FHD display, 1920 x 1080 resolution, 2.5D curved glass
- 64GB internal storage, UFS 2.0
- 13-megapixel rear camera, f/2.2 aperture, LED flash, phase detection AF
- 8-megapixel front camera, f/2.2
- Dual SIM
- 4G VoLTE
- WiFi, Bluetooth 4.1 LE, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- Fingerprint sensor, heart rate sensor, Dirac HD Sound chip, USB Type-C port
- Android 7.0 Nougat (ZUI 2.5)
- 3100mAh battery, non-removable, Quick Charge 3.0
Lenovo’s aiming for a January 1, 2017, launch for the ZUK Edge, according to their online store. The 4GB RAM version starts at $330 (~Php 17K), while the 6GB RAM variant will go for $360 (~Php 18.5K).
A special variant, the Zuk Edge L (which features Korean pop star Lee Min Ho) will also be launching in certain markets as well.
If Lenovo manages to launch, and relatively maintain this pricing scheme for the Philippine market, then we’re looking at an interesting flagship option here, folks.